Jug Band Acoustic Lap Steel
We have been working on this for a few weeks and this is the first one we have completed.
In the traditional jug band/home made style instruments, the guitar is very simple and no frills.It is an acoustic lap steel guitar and it sound great.
We made this one out of 3mm Birch ply with an Ash head and purpleheart bridge. It has some internal strapping to give it strength and a solid block of Ash at the top and bottom to balance it.
It is about 100mm deep and has got an incredible amount of sustain for a jug band instrument.
We have strung it with dobro strings and it has a deep and rich tone.
I've never played a lap steel before but with the help of youtube I am eager to get started with some practising.
I think it is going to fit in very well with our Jug Band songs and be an excellent addition to the sounds of the Cajon and Rumba Box.
So as soon as I can bash out a tune on it we will make some recordings and videos.
In the mean time if you are interested in owning one like this send me a message and I will let you know who long it will take us to make.
Our Handmade Cajons.
A great cajon with a wide range of sounds.
- The double 20 strand snares give this cajon a fantastic sizzle at the top end.
- And the dense 12mm ply gives the cajon a deep and rou...
A Very Versatile Instrument
- The double 20 strand snares are fully adjustable which gives you great flexibility.
- With the snares fully on the cajon has a bright live...
A Cajon Drum which sounds fantastic and is equally suited to keeping the beat or taking the lead.
The craftsman built cajon has 3 distinctive sounds:
- The Bass. The 12mm Birch wood Ply ...
Two Tonal Chambers:
- This totally unique and professional-level cajon features an internal tone chamber for the snare and a completely separate tonal chamber for the bass..
- This gives the snare a fantas...
Fully Adjustable Snare and Front Plate:
- The Traditional Flamenco Cajon has two sets of wires which give a crisp snare sound and are fully adjustable so that you can easily adjust the sound to your liking.
Authentic Mento Sound
- This is a traditional mento (early Jamaican/Caribbean) instrument which substituted for the double bass.
- It has 6 keys which can be independently tuned. (We have it tuned to the key of...