How To Play The Cajon
The Box Cajon is very simple to play.
There are no hard and fast rules, but if you are playing in a band or with other musicians you will want to at least keep in time with the music and punch out a basic beat to start with.
So therefore learning to play the Cajon is very much like learning to play any percussion instrument or a drum kit.
It starts basic and as you become more proficient the complexity of the rhythms you play will expand.
Here are a few videos that will give you a basic idea of how to get started playing the cajon.
These videos were made by Paul Jennings and they give you the basics and will have you playing.....
Literally in a few minutes.
You can own a cajon and get started playing. Our delivery time is 2 days.......so order now.
Our Handmade Cajons.
A great cajon with a wide range of sounds.
- The double 20 strand snares give this cajon a fantastic sizzle at the top end.
- And the dense 12mm ply gives the cajon a deep and rou...
A Very Versatile Instrument
- The double 20 strand snares are fully adjustable which gives you great flexibility.
- With the snares fully on the cajon has a bright live...
A Cajon Drum which sounds fantastic and is equally suited to keeping the beat or taking the lead.
The craftsman built cajon has 3 distinctive sounds:
- The Bass. The 12mm Birch wood Ply ...
Two Tonal Chambers:
- This totally unique and professional-level cajon features an internal tone chamber for the snare and a completely separate tonal chamber for the bass..
- This gives the snare a fantas...
Fully Adjustable Snare and Front Plate:
- The Traditional Flamenco Cajon has two sets of wires which give a crisp snare sound and are fully adjustable so that you can easily adjust the sound to your liking.
After many many requests we have developed The Freddy Nelson Flatpack Cajon.
Everything you need to build your own cajon is in the box.
(The only extras you need are wood glue,a crosshead screwdriver a...
Authentic Mento Sound
- This is a traditional mento (early Jamaican/Caribbean) instrument which substituted for the double bass.
- It has 6 keys which can be independently tuned. (We have it tuned to the key of...