These cajon Drums are becoming increasingly popular and there is a very good reason for that.
They are very easy to play, easy to transport and they sound great.
If we cut it right back a cajon drum is essentially a wooden box which produces a number of different tones by striking it in different places on the playing surface.
Some cajon drums come with no and rely upon the player striking the drum towards the middle for a bass tone, further towards the top for a higher tone and striking the drum on the rim will produce a crack. So even the most basic cajon is still a very versatile instrument.
We make cajon drums with internal snares and some models offer an adjustable snare so that you can have the best of both worlds.
When snare wires are fitted the top section of the drum produces a crisp snare drum sound whereas the middle of the drum will still produce a deep bass tone.
This makes the cajon fit perfectly into many types of music.
Cajon drums are used mainly in acoustic music, but they are not limited to that.
A well positioned microphone allows the cajon to be easily amplified so that it can be played in guitar bands etc.
The point here is that the cajon is a very flexible instrument and is in no way limited to its roots of South American and flamenco music.
Cajon drums are also very affordable. We produce a fixed snare cajon for as little as £75.95.
So with that small outlay you can bring a big sound to your music.
And with the cajon you are ready to play instantly. No set up, no complex EQing, no van needed for transport. Just sit on it and start playing.
Our Handmade Cajons.
A great cajon with a wide range of sounds.
- The double 20 strand snares give this cajon a fantastic sizzle at the top end.
- And the dense 12mm ply gives the cajon a deep and rou...
A Very Versatile Instrument
- The double 20 strand snares are fully adjustable which gives you great flexibility.
- With the snares fully on the cajon has a bright live...
A Cajon Drum which sounds fantastic and is equally suited to keeping the beat or taking the lead.
The craftsman built cajon has 3 distinctive sounds:
- The Bass. The 12mm Birch wood Ply ...
Two Tonal Chambers:
- This totally unique and professional-level cajon features an internal tone chamber for the snare and a completely separate tonal chamber for the bass..
- This gives the snare a fantas...
Fully Adjustable Snare and Front Plate:
- The Traditional Flamenco Cajon has two sets of wires which give a crisp snare sound and are fully adjustable so that you can easily adjust the sound to your liking.