Superb Sound Quality - Craftsman Made - Very Affordable
Cajon Drums - Handmade in the UK.
Great for Open mic nights, gigs, busking, recording etc.
A fraction of the cost of the highstreet.
Robust build quality.
The Cajon Drum.
A cajon drum is a fantastically versatile instrument. Easy to play, easy to transport and great sound.
Our Cajons Have An Excellent Deep Bass And Crisp Tight Share.
Handbuilt from high quality 9mm Birch wood ply with a super strong and flexible Birch laminate playing surface.
Each cajon is handmade from start to finish. These cajons are very robust and the special thin playing surface makes them very responsive and easy to play.
The low price is possible because we sell directly to you - no retailer or middle men in the chain. From our workshop directly to you.
If we were to sell through retail outlets our basic cajon would cost £120.00 plus. But because you buy directly from the makers you get a top quality instrument for a fraction of the cost.
So whichever cajon you choose from our range you are assured that the sound and build quality will rival and beat cajons costing twice the price.
The Cajon Makers.
My name is Freddy Nelson and me and my mate Chris have built many cajons. We love it. We will make you a quality cajon, sand it, oil it and finish it, test it, pack it up and post it directly to you.
All of our cajons are handmade by us in our workshop to very high standards.
We use only the best hand picked quality laminated wood and we construct cajon drums that are robust and produce a wide range of dynamic sounds.
If you are going to be playing your cajon for extended periods of time you want it to be easy to play. The super thin and flexible Birch wood ply playing surface of our cajons makes them very responsive to the tightest tap and also strong enough to take a good beating (when the moment takes you).
Take a look at the different models we make and take a listen to the sound clips and songs recorded with our cajons.
Our Handmade Cajons.
- The snare is perfectly adjusted and fixed inside the drum near the right-hand top corner to give a crisp and clear snare sound.
- A wide variety of snare sounds can be easily a...
- A very robust cajon with 4mm Birch Laminate front playing surface.
- Two 20 strand snare wires give plenty of rattle on the top end.
- It also has a good deep bas...
- The snare is fully adjustable with our unique "Quick Release" mechanism.
- Fully on the snare is crisp and tight.
- Fully off and you have a traditional...
Tight Crisp Snare, Deep Resonant Bass, Durable None-Slip Seat, Full Internal Framing For Extra Strength,
Fixed Internal Snare.
- 20 strand high quality snare wires are attached to the top left-hand corne...
Two Tonal Chambers:
- This totally unique and professional-level cajon features an internal tone chamber for the snare and a completely separate tonal chamber for the bass..
- This gives the snare a fantas...
Two Playing Surfaces:
- Two Playing surfaces each with a distinct sound gives this cajon fantastic versatility.
- One side of the cajon has a very thin birch ply playing surface and gives the cajon a deep a...
The top edges of the cajon will produce a high bongo sound, while striking the cajon further down will produce a beeper and richer sound similar to a conga drum.
The combination of al...
Fully Adjustable Snare and Front Plate:
- The Traditional Flamenco Cajon has two sets of wires which give a crisp snare sound and are fully adjustable so that you can easily adjust the sound to your liking.
After many many requests we have developed The Freddy Nelson Flatpack Cajon.
Everything you need to build your own cajon is in the box.
(The only extras you need are wood glue,a crosshead screwdriver a...
Authentic Mento Sound
- This is a traditional mento (early Jamaican/Caribbean) instrument which substituted for the double bass.
- It has 6 keys which can be independently tuned. (We have it tuned to the key of...